Yummy Quinoa Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder)
- Preheat a griddle over medium low heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients, including the eggs, and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Lightly grease your griddle with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil. Ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle and repeat until you have filled your pan. Cook the pancakes until small bubbles begin to form, about 2 - 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes longer until the other sides are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and repeat until no batter remains.
- Serve pancakes warm with pure maple syrup and any other toppings you're craving like bananas and Nutella!
Start your morning off right with this delicious gluten free blueberry loaf. Easy to make with Tapioca Flour available at https://alifeglutenfree.com/Gluten-Free-Cooking/Gluten-Free-Flour/Arrowhead-Mills-Tapioca-Flour-Gluten-Free And during May Celiac Awareness month, enter Promo Code "20% Off " for savings all month long!
- 2 small overripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk, full fat
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp organic coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ⅔-3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8.5 x 4.5* loaf pan with parchment paper (I recommend this over greasing the pan since it's a lot less messy this way!)
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas well and whisk with the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca, baking soda and powder, and salt.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined. Coconut flour expands quite a bit and the batter will be thick.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries. Transfer the entire mixture into the parchment lined loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes until transferring to a wire rack** to cool completely. Wait about an hour before slicing.
Happy Easter! This is a recipe from Santa Cruz, Bolivia that hubby introduced me to a couple of years ago. It has become a favorite of mine and is a delicious, cheesy gluten free bun that is great for breakfast or a snack on the go. It is made from tapioca flour available here at https://alifeglutenfree.com/Arrowhead-Mills-Tapioca-Flour-Gluten-Free I have to admit however- he makes them waaay better than I!
Makes 10 small portions
Cooking and preparation time 30 min
1 cup tapioca flour
2 cups cheddar or mozzarella-I use 1 cup each (traditionally Queso Fresco)
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tbs milk
Assemble the ingredients and preheat the oven to 450F.
Mix the tapioca flour and the baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the cheese and mix well until cheese is covered in the flour.Add the egg to the mix of cheese and flour, and mix. If the dough starts sticking together, you don’t need to add milk if it keeps separating add 1 tbs of milk at that time.In this case I added one tbs of milk and made a nice ball of dough. Divide the dough in 10 pieces of the same size and shape them into balls. Put a thumbprint in the bottom of each ball (to help with even puffing in the oven).Place finger print side down on a cooking sheet. You can use a parchment paper. Bake for 15 min at 450F, you want them to be golden and dry. These are best right out of the oven, but still good the next day warmed up.
Goodmorning, and welcome to a new week! To get you off on the right foot I thought I'd post our favourite Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancake Recipe! It makes delicious high protein, light fluffy pancakes. Delicious with syrup, or fruit and yogurt.
Mix dry ingredients first:
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar (I use brown)
1 Tbsp canola oil or olive oil if you prefer
2/3 cup So Delicious Almond Milk
Mix together. You may need to add more liquid depending how thick or thin you like your pancakes. Cook on a greased griddle on medium heat until bubbles form, then flip and enjoy! I love these with applesauce and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat Flour is perfect for this recipe and is available on our site https://alifeglutenfree.com/…/Bob's-Red-Mill-Buckwheat-Flour Have an awesome day!